Thursday, December 13, 2012

23 Weeks Update

23 Weeks Update


Well I am pleased to announce that we have officially selected a name for our new bundle of joy. Drum roll...................Carsen Edward Schadegg. Hubby picked the name and the spelling all by himself. It took me a few days to warm up to the name. He started calling him Carsen as soon as we found out that it was a boy, and once he started that's all I could think of him being. So he is and forever will be (unless he surprises us and comes out a girl) Carsen.

We are so excited to have a name  to put with our little baby, we were calling it by whatever size he was that week, ie poppy seed, plum, mango, you get the idea, but now we have a real name to put with reality.

This makes everything feel so real, and it is crazy that I now only have 4 months left until we meet our little boy. I can't wait but am loving being pregnant (at least for now) and am trying to savor every moment and kick. Last night he decided that it was a great idea to have a dance party or cardio kickboxing class inside my womb right at the precise moment when I started to fall asleep. This continued for about 30 mins until either he finally gave up, or I tuned it out, I'm not sure which came first.

We did have a few names that we like but they weren't top of the list and we can share them with you now. As you can see Graceson, Caden and Emmerson we the top 3 under Carsen but a few others were:
Jameson
Camden
Cade
Karsten
Rylen

As I said before I am very selective when it comes to choosing names. We had 4 rules we followed:
1. Is it unique, but not one where we will get funny looks when we announce it
2. Is it out of the top 100 names list for any particular year
3. Do we know anyone with this name
4. Do we both love it

Each of the names that made the list fit into most if not all of this criteria but we think that Carsen is the right fit for our baby.


Now time for our weekly stats.
Weekly Stats:
How far along are you: 23 and a half weeks
Baby is the size of a: large mango
Total weight loss/weight gain: +2 pound
The bump: Starting to get back pain daily and just not quite ready for that.
Symptoms: No more just back to being me!
Food cravings: Coca Cola
Anything make you queasy: Smell of old food in the fridge, we stocked up on those baking soda fridge things.
Sleep: Have to sleep on my side, otherwise my back is killing me.
What do you miss: not having stretch marks
Any names: Carsen
Gender prediction: Its a BOY!!!
Movement: Kicking all of the time.
Maternity clothes: Hubby bought me a new coat that should fit through out the winter
Labor signs: WAY Too soon!
Best moment of the week: Baby kicking so hard that I can see my stomach move

No comments:

Post a Comment