Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Carsen's Lullably

When I was a baby my mom had a special song for me. To this day she still sings it to me occasionally and it evokes feelings of love and comfort. When Little Man was born I knew that I wanted him to have a special song just for him as well. I looked at a list of tons of baby songs but none of them seemed right. I love the tune to Brahm's Lullaby but have you ever read the words? I know it was originally in German, but the lyrics are very strange. So I decided to use the tune and rewrite my own version. Now I sing this to him every night right before I lay him down. It calms him and soothes him to sleep.

Carsen's Lullaby

Lullaby and Goodnight,
Go to sleep little baby,
Mommy loves you, Daddy too,
God blessed us with you.

Go to sleep little babe,
Sweet dreams to you.
Go to sleep little babe, 
'Cause we love you.


I hope that when I sing this to him every night, that he knows that God is watching over him, Mommy and Daddy love him, and he is safe because we are by his side. 

My little angel cuddling with his puppy

What do you sing to your little ones?


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment: