Thursday, January 30, 2014

9 Months Update

So I have been terribly busy this month. I'll save you the sob story but long story short, I have started a new job (more on that later) and we started looking for a house (postponed that-more on that later). So I am just now getting to my monthly update of Little Man, only 2 1/2 weeks late.


Size: We had another checkup at the doctor, everything looks great. He is 20.8 pounds and 28 inches. That puts him in the 45th percentile pretty much all the way around. Well except for his head, apparently he has a rather large head at the 60h percentile, but that just means he has a big brain right? 
Food: We have started to venture out into more solid foods lately. Christmas he had a few potatoes, rolls and a couple other thing from our plates. Kix are one of his new favorites, which is pretty cool since that was my favorite when I was his age. 
Activity: Little Man has officially joined the 4 inch high club!! What I mean is that he crawls with his belly off the floor :)
Now that he is mobile he is able to be a lot more independent. He doesn't really mind playing on the floor now because he knows that if he's upset he can come find me. 
Sleep: He really is a great sleeper. He goes to bed at 7:30 wakes up around 7. We usually put him down for a nap around 9 and he sleeps for about 2 hours. Then he takes 2 more naps during the day lasting around 45 mins. At Grandma's house though he gets spoiled because she holds him during his nap time. 
Favorite Toys: He is finally liking his Johnny Jumper (doorway swing) now that he can hold himself up. He also likes to find toys that are unconventional ie. water bottles, spatulas, yarn.

 As you can see he likes to get himself in very interesting positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment