Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Super Easy Healthy Go-To Veggies




So now that I am 2 months postpartum, I am kicking into workout/living healthy gear. I have been going to Zumba regularly and trying to eat healthier. Recently I made this okra and corn succotash and it was AMAZING! So I thought I would share the recipe with you.

Easy Peasy Succotash

Ingredients:
Frozen Okra
Frozen Corn
Onion
Olive Oil
Creole Seasoning

Step 1: Dice half of an onion
Step 2: Add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and sweat the onions
Step 3: Add 1/2 a bag of frozen corn and an entire bag of frozen okra
Step 4: Season with creole seasoning to taste, the more you add the more spicy it will be
Step 5: Mix and cook until all veggies are soft

Serve as a side, or like I did here on a salad.


*Cajun Vinaigrette:
1 tbs rice vinegar
1/2 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tbs lime juice
1 tbs olive oil
Cajun Seasoning
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp minced garlic

Mix in a blender and pour on top of salad. Makes enough for 4 salads

No comments:

Post a Comment