Monday, September 16, 2013

Lets Get Real-Judgement


(Quote from Mother Teresa)
I was in class on Sunday morning last week and we were discussing John 13:34
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."
The greatest command we are given as Christians is to love the Lord with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength. Second to love your neighbor as yourself. I got to thinking, do we as Christians love everyone as our neighbor, or just those we deem "loveable"? 
In this day in age we deal with people of ever gender, race, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, political views, eating habits and more. I will be the first to admit that I have/do judge others. This is my biggest sin that I deal with on a daily basis. I pray everyday for God to help me with this temptation, and I am working on it. But I see TV shows and read articles about how non-Christians perceive Christians. And it seems like the impression we give to others is one of judgement instead of the love we should be emitting. Why would some one want to listen to our message of love when they don't see us putting it into action?  
I do not want to get political in this post, I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and they can live how they choose. I just want to put a thought in your head about whether or not we are judging before we love. 
Lets work together to change others mindsets about us and prove that we truly can love the sinner and hate the sin. 



Bloglovin button

No comments:

Post a Comment