Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Caramel Chex Mix-Recipe

A few days ago I posted this picture on instagram. I found a recipe on the Chex cereal box and adapted it to what my family likes. It turned out so good I decided to share it with you.

Ingredients:
2 cups corn Chex cereal
3 cups rice Chex cereal
1 bag popped popcorn
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried berries (such as craisins, I used mixed berries)
1/2 cup melted white chocolate
1 stick butter cut up
1/4 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup brown sugar


Preheat oven to 275. Mix together in roasting pan Chex cereal, chopped pecans and popcorn (For best results do not pour straight out of the bag. Pour into another bowl and remove all un-popped popcorn kernels before mixing with Chex cereal. I did not do this and now occasionally bite down on a kernel.). In sauce pan melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup together until barely boiling. Pour over cereal and popcorn mix and stir until completely mixed. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 mins.
Once done baking pour onto a baking sheet covered with wax paper and spread out. Sprinkle dried berries over mix. Melt your white chocolate and drizzle over Chex mix. Let completely cool and then brake up into bite size pieces and store in air tight container.

I love this mix because it is easy to make and very portable. Its perfect to take to a party, or over to the In-Laws. The best part is the pecans, when they bake they get an amazing toasty flavor.

I hope you enjoy this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment