Thursday, December 26, 2013

Our Christmas 2013

 We had an awesome Christmas with both Hubby and my family. My grandparents came in town for the week and we got some real quality time in. We love to play games and so we spent most of the time that we weren't cooking in the kitchen playing games. We are big fans of spades, rummy, The Logo Game, and more. The best game was the Redneck Life that Hubby got from my parents. It is basically like the game Life, but you become a redneck and get a redneck name such as "Bubba Jr" or "Bertha Jane". You end up with TONS of kids and at the end of the game the person with the most teeth wins. It was not politically correct in anyway, but really is a funny game to play. My favorite part was my Grandma really getting into the part and speaking in a country accent the entire time.

You can find the game on Amazon

 We got to have a white Christmas this year and Little Man experienced his first snow. I'm not sure how he felt about it. I sat him down in the snow and he just sat there like a bump on the log, not really playing with it or really caring about it at all. He wasn't a fan of the snow angels though.
Playing with an ornament from Great Grandma's tree

 We had an amazing Christmas Eve Dinner with my family, and then had Christmas Day lunch with Hubby's family.
 Opening presents with Little Man was so much fun. His favorite part was the tissue paper. He tried to eat all the paper in sight, but loved his new toys. He got an activity table, a little drum, a walker, a car, and a portable high chair. Really he was spoiled. We really are so blessed to be surrounded by so many people that love our little guy.


 I think he was so happy to have his Daddy home for a week straight. It really was great to have some quality time together. 

 Overall I think this was my favorite Christmas EVER! Hubby spoiled me too (I gave him a wish list and he went above and beyond and got me almost everything on my list). Having a little one to share the holiday with really makes it so much more magical. I can't wait until next year when Little Man will get to experience Santa, and the anticipation of opening presents.
 I hope you all had a great Christmas, and I hope you have a Happy New Years!



No comments:

Post a Comment