Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Little Man's One To Grow On Birthday


We celebrated Little Man's birthday this weekend and had an amazing time. We held it at the local Botanica in their Children's Garden. They have a "Party Barn" where we hosted the party and which held the food. It ended up being a very warm day, even for Kansas, 85 degrees is pretty hot for April. It was also very windy, but I think overall everyone enjoyed themselves.




For the first hour all the kids played in the garden. I created a scavenger hunt for them to find items inside the garden.

 I made flower and dirt cupcakes. I blended chocolate graham crackers and dipped the frosted cupcakes into the "dirt". Then I put gummy worms on top.
 Since 1 year old birthday parties aren't usually as much fun for older kids I planned a craft for them. I bought a bunch of those $1 birdhouses from Joann's and stickers, then let the kids color with markers and use the stickers. I think they all enjoyed it and it ended up costing less than $2 per kid.

I wanted something fun as a memento of the party so I bought a copy of Dr Suess' "Happy Birthday Book" and we had all the guest sign it. The sign says "Stop here you see, 
and leave a very special message for ME! 
Write a Birthday wish or just say HI,
 to your favorite ONE year old guy!
Tell me that you were here,
Or give a little Birthday cheer."

 There are so many pages in this book that I think I will continue to do this for a few more years. It will be so much fun to go back and read all of the kind words people left in the book.

It was an amazing day and thank you to all who came and helped us celebrate. I can't believe after all that planning its over and I have a ONE year old. But I will enjoy looking back on this day and telling him all about his first birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment