Saturday, June 7, 2014

Spring Update

We have been very busy among these parts. I keep waiting for things to slow down, but as Little Man gets bigger and more mobile, it just seems like life is on the fast track.
We are about 90% unpacked in the new house. There is one room that I haven't even touched, my "sewing" room. I basically put all my boxes of fabric and and notions in the room and shut the door. I haven't gotten up the courage to go back in, but I know it needs to be done.

We spent Memorial Day weekend celebrating Hubby's Best Man getting married. We both grew up with him and he really has picked an amazing women to be by his side. God bless your happy union Adam and Emily!!!

The wedding was held outside of Chicago so while Hubby was off doing groomsmen duties, my parents and I explored a little bit of the city. And no trip is complete without a stop Giordano's Pizza. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get my favorite spinach pizza, but really with all that cheese, you can't go wrong.

Little Man has discovered watermelon, and it has become his first love. He cannot get enough of it. Funny thing is my sister was the same way when she was his age.

We took Little Man on his first boat ride last weekend and he was just too cute! My parents own a boat and we are on the lake most of the summer. Last year he was just too small for the life jacket so we kept him on the beach most of the time. I was so excited to finally get him on the boat. At first he was just very stiff and really not sure about the whole thing, but once we pulled out the goggles he was just laughing and talking up a storm. I can't wait till the water is warm enough and we can try pulling him on the tube, very slowly and with me at all times of course.
We are really enjoying our new home and enjoying some time with just us. Little Man is just getting smarter and smarter every day and is always cracking me up. This picture is him trying to "call" his Gammy by putting the phone on his head. He is so close to walking. He takes a few steps in between things maybe 5 or 6, but has not just started to walk the majority of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment