Tuesday, September 9, 2014

House Tour-Nursery

We moved into our new home back in May and I promised a home tour. Well it has taken me quite a while to get to it, but here is the first edition. I do not have all of the rooms finished as I would like, but this one I'm pretty proud of.

 The dresser was my sister's as a kid, I sanded and painted it grey. The rocker was reupholstered before Little Man was born you can read about that here. I made roman shades using this tutorial with the thickest fabric I could find to create a black-out shade.
I love my gallery wall with is photos from newborn-12 months, the DIY canvas has the verse Luke 2:40 "And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him." I added his footprints every 3 months as well. I love looking back at how tiny his little toes were in the beginning.

We wanted to have an "Alabama Crimson Tide Theme" nursery without being too cheesy. I hate all of the licensed print fabric out there, so we decided to go with the colors and make our own bedding. My mom and I made the quilt hanging above his crib. I used coordinating fabric and followed this tutorial to make the crib skirt.
In the corner we have our Foscam video monitor and on the table our Angel Care Motion Monitor.
My amazing friend hand painted wooden letters bought from Etsy. I had them all hanging up with command strips but when I turned on his humidifier a few months ago these were the only ones who made the cut. I have yet to get them all put back up, but you get the idea.
We love our changing table, bought at a consignment store, and use it for diaper storage and a book shelf. The Grey baskets are from Target and on sale right now!

It's a small room, but fits everything that Little Man needs. We will switch him to a toddler bed in the months to come, but as for now he is happy in his crib.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of the nursery and I promise eventually I will post about the other rooms.




No comments:

Post a Comment