Friday, February 6, 2015

Well hello again...

So I realize that my last post was in November. I feel terrible, but seriously we have been so incredibly busy. We decided as a family that it was time for me to go back to work. It was a really hard decision and frankly we put it off as long as possible, but it just came time that we needed the money and could no longer make one income work. I started applying for all kinds of jobs, full-time and part-time, just trying to get my foot in the door after 18 months of no work (even before that I was a nanny, so not really using my degree), and 4 years since I had graduated. I had multiple interviews and each time I felt really exited about a job. Then I would get the email that they had selected someone else. After a month or two of rejection I decided to find a seasonal retail job to help fund Christmas and the looming bills. We went to the mall one day and I put in about a dozen applications. Later that week I had offers. I accepted at Bath and Body Works and David's Bridal. I went from spending every day at home with my baby boy, to working 5 days a week. It was quite a change.

Little Man started spending most of his day at Grandma and Grandpa's (Hubby's grandparents are retired and LOVE watching him). I was working 2 days at BBW and 3 at David's. After about a month of juggling both jobs I decided to just work at David's. I went from 3 to 4 days a week, and we also picked up in business so I was able to cover my other salary. 

Working at the bridal shop was really a lot of fun. The girls I worked with were awesome, and I loved helping brides to find their perfect dress. My knowledge of wedding planning was also very handy, as I could give them free advise on venues, and caters and such. Also it was like playing dress up all day, and who doesn't love that ;) The one downside is that we were commission based and so I had to work really hard to be able to get the pay I needed. Plus I had to work every weekend. I really wanted something more stable and that would give me and my family more time together, as well as allow us to put Little Man in a full time daycare that would provide education.

I was recently offered a full time position at a local medical school and am happy to say that I have accepted! I will once again have nights and weekends back with my family and we will be able to stop stressing over the bills. We have decided to take Little Man to an in-home daycare. She was actually my babysitter growing up, and she and her family are amazing. She has weekly lessons and is always doing science experiments and crafts. I know that he will have the chance to learn and grow all while getting peer interaction that he would not get by himself at Grandma's house.

This week was our first full week with me at work and Little Man in daycare. We are both doing great and I can't wait to see where God will lead us to next.

Notice the red paint in his hair

I hope to be better at updates and post in the future.






PS.... I'm blonde now!!!

Please excuse the over-sized sweatshirt






No comments:

Post a Comment