Thursday, May 3, 2012

All that's missing is a scone...

Happy belated Easter everyone!!! Just joking, but I thought I would share my Easter outfit with you guys, because, well I worked really hard on getting one this year.
I went to about 8 stores before I found this dress, which I'm pretty happy with. Then my friend and I decided that we needed to wear a hat for the day (last year I wore a HUGE Kentucky Derby style hat from my bridal shower, and so I wanted to carry on the tradition). We chose to wear fascinators inspired by Kate and William's wedding last year.
At the store these tend to cost between $20-80 and I couldn't find one that I was completely happy with so I decided to make my own. Well a trip to Joann's and $16 worth of supplies later, I had everything I needed. I watched a few YouTube videos to get ideas, but no one was making one like I wanted to I just improvised. And well I'll let you see for yourself how it turned out.


Here is my little family, consisting of me (Jaime), my husband (Devin), and our baby girl (Lulu). 

 Here you can see the coloring better when I'm not standing next to a tan wall.

As you can see I went all out on this facinator. I chose a funky flower in a color matching my dress and then added a birdcage veil and some feathers popping out. It is placed securely on a headband, which I then covered all the evidence by using my hair. 
I won't be selling this one, but I can make a custom one for you, just ask! 


Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment