Thursday, May 3, 2012

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Happy Hunger Games!

I don't know if you are up to speed with the Hunger Games Trilogy, but I sure am. I read all the books about 6 months ago or more and loved them. So when it was time to come up with a theme for our annual spring retreat for our youth group (my husband is a youth minister by the way), I thought why not Hunger Games.
We had a wonderful speaker who taught of how to stop playing games with our faith and how to follow God.
To cap off the weekend we hosted a banquet for all the districs. The adult sponsers dressed up as "Capital" guests and I of course went as Effie Trinket.
The "Capital Guests" featuring Seneca Crane, Effie Trinket, Cinna, President Snow, Haymitch and their friends


I picked up the jacket at a thrift store along with some black shoes, added some glitter to the shoes, and made a flower bow for my hair. It was so much fun and hopefully it will inspire you to pick up a copy of the Hunger Games and join in the fun.

Thanks,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment