Thursday, June 21, 2012

Re-Vamped Glitter Shoes

Re-Vamped Glitter Shoes Tutorial
I have had these patented leather peep-toe heals for about 4 years now. I love them, but they are getting boring and I decided to give them some Pizzazz. I have seen glitter shoes everywhere lately and thought that I would add some to my shoes.
Materials:
Shoes
Glitter
Decoupage Glue
Clear Elmer's Glue

This is the glitter I used, it is all black without any other colors. I didn't want any iridescent shimmer so I bought glitter with just black in it.
 1. Apply decoupage glue to the area that you want to add the glitter to. You can tape off the area you don't want to have glitter on, but I didn't have painters tape so I was just really careful. (FYI to make decoupage glue, just mix 1 part white glue and 1 part water into a jar with a lid and shake until all mixed.)
2. Add the glitter and be happy about your handy work. 


3. After the glue is dried spread the clear Elmer's glue over the glitter part. You can just add more of the decoupage glue, but you will need a few coats and it won't be very smooth. Once the Elmer's glue is dry and the glitter will feel smoother.





The Finale:
Before and after

No comments:

Post a Comment