Tuesday, June 11, 2013

2 Month Favorites

2 months have passed already since my handsome little man came into the world. He is growing so big and changing everyday. I will have a post with this months pictures soon, but my photographer/photo-shopper (my dad) is out of town till the end of the week.

I do however have this months favorites for you, hope you enjoy.

1. Bumbo Seat-  Little Man finally has enough control of his head to be able to sit in this seat without falling over. We love to put him in it while we eat outside on our patio table. He feels like he is part of the party and bonus Mama can eat with 2 hands!
2. Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather- I love this bath seat because it is so light, adjustable and folds up flat for easy storage or travel. When choosing a bath, I looked at all of the options, I wanted something that would grow with him, but not anything that would take up too much space. This was perfect for us. If you have a large sink it will fit inside as well.
3. Graco SnugRider Classic Connect Stroller- I knew that a stroller was something that would be very important to us. We use it at least 3 times a week if not more. I love this Graco one because the car seat fits right in and it is very light weight and small. I know that they make strollers that fit the car seat and eventually the child can sit in it, but those are so big and bulky and hard to fold. This one folds and opens with one hand and I don't have to worry about waking baby when I put him in the stroller.
4. Similac Advance Powder Packets- I am breastfeeding,but absolutely HATE pumping. So for the times we are some where and I can't nurse him, or for when I leave him with grandparents to watch for a short time, these packets have come in handy. There is no measuring, all you do is add 4oz of water and pour in the powder. This does cost more than buying the can of formula, but since he might get 1 or 2 bottles a week, it is just so much easier to hand Grandma a packet and a bottle and know that he will get exactly what he needs.
5. Custom Ring Sling- I knew that I wanted to be a baby carrier. We own the Baby Bjorn, I am not a fan, but Hubby LOVES it. He loves it so much that he gives him a walk every night with it. I however LOVE my ring sling. I did a lot of research on different types and brands, and even considered making my own. In the end I decided that I wasn't very trusting that I could make it sturdy enough to hold my baby and I got together with Kat and we designed my ring sling (not what is pictured). I chose linen because it is so hot in Kansas in the summer, and a teal chevron cotton accent fabric. Little Man is so in love with this sling. He automatically goes to sleep in it and I love that as he gets bigger I can change the position I hold him.

I hope this was helpful and you will look into some of these products for your family.
Thanks for stopping by,
Jaime

1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely loving your blog!! I am super sad that I have not gotten to meet my great nephews yet:( But with your blog I get to see Carsen as he grows more and more handsome everyday! Hopefully I can come for a visit soon and meet lil man. It looks like everyones doing well and motherhood agrees with you:) Carsen is one lucky kid!

    ReplyDelete