Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Best Baby Apps




It seems like today everyone has a smart phone, everyone but my mom that is, she's still rocking her flip phone :)

I believe that smart phones have helped make me a better parent. Not to say that I couldn't parent without it. With some of the apps I have used over the past year, I have gained knowledge that I would otherwise not know, and also it has made some of my day-to-day life easier.

The following are some of my favorite apps:

My Days-Period and Ovulation This app is great for tracking your periods and ovulation when you are trying to get pregnant. Hubby and I never "tried" to get pregnant we just stopped taking birth control and let it happen when God decided; I did however download this app just so I could track my periods. It estimates when you are ovulating and notifies you. I loved that I could tell my doctor exactly when my last period started so that I could get a true due date for Little Man.
Baby Bump Pregnancy Free This app shows week-by-week progress of your growing bump, as well as information everyday about your baby. You can upload weekly progress photos of yourself as well. My favorite part was the chat forums. There are specific groups that include women having babies the same month as you, or other topics like labor and delivery, trying to conceive and questions for dads.

 Breast Feeding Log I loved this app for the first month of Little Man's life. When you first start to breastfeed it is really hard to remember which side you last fed from, or what time you started. With this app you choose a side and then hit "start feeding" and the "stop" when you are done. It tracks your feedings so you know when you are starting and how long they lasted. Also if you are bottle feeding you can keep track of when you start feeding and how many ounces they took. I never used the diaper and sleep functions for their purpose. Instead I used them to mark when I took my pain medication so that I could make sure I took them on time. After a C-Section you want to make sure you are up to date on the meds.

After about a month I got used to keeping track of stuff on my own so I no longer used the app, but boy did it make life easier!
 Google I use this constantly. Any time I have a question about something, the first thing I do is Google it. I have found tons of advise from other moms, and I have been able to compare products or find answers to some of my "mommy" questions. 
Project 365 I LOVE this app!!! With this app you take a new picture everyday. I use it to take a picture of Little Man. My plan is to make a book at the end of the year so we can see how much he has changed in 365 days. Already it is amazing to see the day-to-day changes.

Instagram Everyone knows about this app, but I use it constantly. It is a great way to quickly edit photos and to link right up to Facebook. You can follow me on instagram here 
 Kidfolio is made by the creators of Baby Bump and does basically the same thing, but is for children birth-12 years old. Everyday they post info on your growing baby and you can take pictures to post on you profile. Also there are chat forums to talk to other mommies with kids the same age.
 Oogababy is a tracker app that tracks your baby's progress. I use it to track his weight and height measurements each month. You can also take pictures with the app as well. If you have other friends using the app you can share information with each other.

Zulily is a great site to find boutique quality items for a discounted price. They have items for baby, kids, maternity, women and plus size. I have bought quite a few items from them and been happy with all of the items. 


I hope this helps you Mommies-To-Be or New Mommies. If I find any new ones I'll update, but in the mean time, what are your favorite "Mommy Apps"?

No comments:

Post a Comment