Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Our Whirlwind Weekend

This past weekend we took the 15 hour drive down to Georgia. After our move from Georgia to Kansas only 4 months ago, I swore I would never again make the drive; but with plane tickets over $450 each there was no other option.
We left after work on Thursday afternoon and drove through the night. It was a rough drive, but we made it to our destination at about 10am. Hubby and my mom did most of the driving, I stayed in the back and took care of the baby. Little Man did awesome and slept pretty much the whole time.

Friday night we met with friends and ate at our favorite sushi restaurant Sushi Bites, the Sushi Bites Roll is a MUST!
Saturday we visited my 2 favorite girls, the ones that I took care of while we lived in Georgia. I can't believe how much they have changed in the last 4 months! They loved Little Man and were very excited to give him a Brobee doll and Yo Gabba Gabba movies. I guess its never too early to break out "We're gunna eat" song :)

Saturday evening we went to my cousin David's wedding. This was some affair, let me tell you. It was at the Atlanta Country club. A beautiful wedding, a beautiful couple, and the food was AWESOME! The only thing that would have made it better is for the downpour to have stayed away. But lucky for them the rain stopped right as the ceremony started.
This was my first wedding with passed hors d'oeuvres (Hubby was very impressed). I felt like I was in one of those wedding shows I watch on TLC.

Here are some photos of the weekend, please excuse the quality they were all taken on my iPhone. 

All dressed up, Little Man was very fussy pre-wedding
Everyone kept telling me how adorable he was

 Hubby held Little Man in the back just in case he decided to get fussy again. He was content the entire time. Afterwards I complemented Hubby on doing a good job keeping him quiet. He then broke the news that he was using cherry lifesavers to bribe him to be quiet. I wasn't too happy about this, but oh well.
They offered water or pink lemonade once you sat down at the ceremony. The programs were doubled as fans, although because of the rain it wasn't hot enough to need them. The front of the fan says "Order of Ceremony, Music Starts, We Get Married, Everyone Parties" I thought that was too cute.

The happy couple and a beautiful ceremony
First dance, they danced to Christina Perri's "A 1000 Years"
My cousin David (groom) and I at the reception

 My cousin Derick meeting Little Man for the first time                          Grandpa Doug dancing with Little Man

Hubby and I at the reception. I couldn't get him to dance with me, but lets face it, he has only done it once (at our wedding for one song) I shouldn't expect much from him.

 Little Man did so good at the wedding. He loved the music, and was flirting with all the guests. He would wear himself out, take a quick 15 minute nap, party some more and repeat. He finally got to bed around 11:30 and didn't wake up again to eat for quite some time.



Sunday morning we visited our old church and got to introduce Little Man to everyone. When we left I was 36 weeks pregnant so everyone was excited to finally get to see the baby.

Overall we had a fabulous weekend. It was great to see family, and enjoy my cousin's wedding. And we also got some closure on our time in Georgia. Since our goodbye was so quick when we left before, it was great to be able to say goodbye again. We were also able to see that even though it is sad we no longer live there, that our move really was for the best of our family and it solidified our feelings about being home with our families. 


Little Man hugging his glow seahorse, he did so good in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment