Thursday, May 8, 2014

Family Update

I am sorry it has been so long since I have posted anything on the blog. We are in the process of closing on our first home. And boy has it been a process.
After a lot of difficulty, confusion, and 3 different scheduled closing dates we were able to get early occupancy of the house and finally got to move in last weekend. We are scheduled to close next week so hopefully everything goes smoothly from now on.
We have an amazing group of friends who all volunteered to come over and help us load and move all of our stuff. Then Monday some of my girlfriends came over and helped me go through all my kitchen boxes and get them all put away. If you remember from the last time we moved I was 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to actually pack anything. All of our stuff was packed by my parents and grandparents. So when we were opening boxes it was like a treasure hunt to see what was inside.
I have been working all week to get the house in order, since we have family coming in town for Mother's Day and I know they will want to see the house. It is so nice to finally have a place of our own, although I can't thank my parents enough for letting us use their basement for the last year.
Once the house is set and the last lingering box is removed I plan on doing a home tour so you all can see the house. We are really happy with it and think it is perfect for our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment